Friday, November 20, 2009

Justice Prevails...

I am damn happy today!

Not the "Sooraj Barjatiya - All's well that ends well" type of happy, but more like the "Devilish - Revenge - Someone got screwed" kinda happy!

It goes like this. I happen to work at this cool tourism development / construction company that is located in a forest area near my place. Now its not very easy to get good people (like Yours Truly) to come from cities and work in jungles. So I have to put up with all kinds of people during my working time.

Out of these people is this dude - Mr. Laidback. Damn just the thought of him gets my fists clentched, digging into my own flesh. Well this guy has got the job as a favor to his dad who happens to work in some Govt. Office (I hate when undeserving people get the cream). But does that mean his father owns the place? HELL NO! He does act like he does. 

Firstly this guy has no sense of responsibility. There is no one on site who would think of handing him a job without fearing that he'd mess it up.

Secondly he doesn't take advice from ANYONE. Dunno why he feels that he knows everything (He doesn't) and has the right to take his own decisions.

Thirdly therez no commitment. There hasn't been a single day that he has stayed after work to complete important stuff or things that come up unexpectedly.

All these things make my blood boil underneath with rage. More considering the fact that no one cares that his contribution to the output of the company is a big fat Zero. Just when I was losing faith in the "Do good and good will be done to you" dictum, I heard that the boss summoned him to the office. He was just back from a long vacation leave, which he had left on without even informing the office. And then the fireworks began. There was shouting and screaming and OMG there was swearing too! I had a wicked devilish smile on my lips, my prayers answered! I turned into a Believer instantly.


The Boss was all over him. He told our Hero to submit a report of the work hez done in the last six months (Blank!) and told him rather sternly that its gonna be tougher in the future (The tougher, the better).


To add to it all, the guy requested me to draft a letter to apologize to the boss coz his English is not very good. I obliged with a sympathetic face!


Now I'm back to normal. Neither sad, nor joyous but slightly contented.

From gen








23 comments:

Journo? said...

this happens everywhere. ppl with influential backgrounds but zero efforts always create problem for ppl like us. I know many such jugheads. May I get justice too

angel from heaven said...

lolz I guess he got what he deserved!!
Thanks for dropping by my blog.

Saurabh Panshikar said...

@Manjari
You will... There is God you see!

@Angel
same to same to you

Akhil.... said...

we have so many deserving people out there in the country, but still the flaws in system create these loopholes which allow non-deserving to get the plum jobs..... anyways your devilish smile stands justified.

Sorcerer said...

God giveth

and the pic of corporate ladder was awesome!

Defiant Princess said...

Haha, I love this Revenge, Devilish kind of Happiness. to be honest, it makes us more happy than the All Good one ;)

Anonymous said...

He he he, such honesty. Good for you, and serves that fella right for being so useless!

Saurabh Panshikar said...

@Akhil, Sorcerer, Defiant Princess

I guess there are more devils than angels in the blog world! *devilish grin*

Saurabh Panshikar said...

@Writerzblock
thanx... m feeling better now

Ashley said...

Lol. You are sweet! The guy got what he deserved and I just love that birdie pic you've put up! :D

Anonymous said...

Lol!
DId you write the letter for him??
Hehe I wanna read that too :~)

Saurabh Panshikar said...

@Ashley
Thanx for calling me sweet! and the comment too.

@Yemiledu
I think i have the letter saved. I'll forward it to you... but that would involve stealing his pen drive!

*another devilish grin*

Reader said...

I feel you on that Saurabh.. it happens to me every semester with group projects and what-not!
Good part about being involved in a college project is that I've usually gotten my share of the devilish grin on my face because we have to fill out evaluations individually at the end of semester (only seen by the professor/ grader). That is the only time when I really open up in the comments section hehehe ;)

It just makes me maddddd to find out that ppl who don't contribute and think that the world revolves around them, get the same score as ppl who have been working their ass off since the beginning!

Anyway...gr8 post! I guess you can say uppar wala sab kuch dekhta hai...lol....Keep it up & Stay HAPPY! hehe!

..::Shnaz::..

SD said...

hey that was gr8 one! YOu r too gd, dude!

Saurabh Panshikar said...

@Shnaz
chalo kuch to common hai between us! Lol. These days I carry a gun to office... Hypocrites...... Bang! Credit Hoarders..... Bang! Smooth Talkers....... Bang!

@Smita
Thanks but it wont harm if you let me view your profile!

Karthik said...

Hey this was a nice one really. These things happen all the time, don't they?
Somehow I could relate to this post. :-)

Idiot Mind Working said...

awesome post......i couldnt stop smiling...i felt as if i were reading my own experience....tht too with a "devilish grin"...keep up the wicked stuff...!!! :)

Megha said...

hehe..enjoyed reading the repayment :)

Saurabh Panshikar said...

@Karthik
Thanks man... Indeed this post is very "relative"

@Apurwa
Don't get me started on your smile/grin! lolz

@Megha
A post enjoyed is a post earned

санжог said...

That's why I quit working for some one, like you said when u look up the corporate ladder all you see is Assholes.

cool post man.

At my gf's office they keep "shooting emails to each other", I counted 55 emails per day per person, playing the blame game, get this fixed and get that fixed and all the stupid bullshit.

imagine the productivity of that office, if you consider 3 mins per email (I am being generous here) they spend almost 165 mins, writing stupid emails every day. Do the math, and the bosses are IIM-A graduates, what an irony.

Saurabh Panshikar said...

@санжог

Not a very good place to work! Optimistically speaking, think about all the paper they saved by using E-mail instead of papers! lol

Now I have something to tell my parents about "Why I din try for IIM-A"

санжог said...

HA HA HA HA, they are more stupid than you think.

show me a good place to work in India. Working conditions here are sad. corporates treat employees as expandable assets.


I know some really cool uneducated people who can put these IIMites to shame.

Saurabh Panshikar said...

@санжог
Tru man... My doodhwala gives some gr8 gyaan!

Related Posts with Thumbnails