Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Game for Game?

Recently I've been getting these "Personality Test" mails. They supposedly have a program that will tell you what you are, what you do, what you want, etc etc on basis of some selected moronic intelligent questions. Now I've been trying this stuff all the time. I don't even remember what the test says after closing the program. Heck I don't even remember what my Horoscope said this morning!

Funny thing is that usually these programs tell so much good stuff about you that its impossible to deny them! Considering all the flash programs I've run, I am Bold, Shy, Introvert, Funny, Invincible, Charming, Cool, Smart, Confident, etc etc...

While thinking about this whole idea, it dawned upon me... "How hard is it to make a stupid bluddy interesting personality test?" All you need is Common Sense! So I went on and made one right away! The first obstacle was the BASIS of the Psycho Analysis... People have so far judged me from the clothes I wear, The pets I keep, The way I sleep, Hech even the nostril I breathe thru! So I needed something silly but common enough to make my analysis!

As I jabbed my fingers repeatedly on the keyboard to prevent my Ford Eclipse from ramming into the curb, the thought struck me..... NEED FOR SPEED! What better way to judge a person than the kind of games he plays. Including all and various genres of Games would be a tough and time taking job for me (Did I mention I was Lazy?) So I'm gonna stick to NEED FOR SPEED Underground (AT least now)

Now Now... What kind of person are you? What should you be? and More importantly, What should you not be? Herez a list!


Based on the type of Race you Play:

Circuit Racing: Its racing in a closed circuit for a fixed number of laps.

You Are : Always trying to do things better. You don't mind repeating things if they are gonna turn out better. You don't get tired of the monotonous routine. In Fact you try to constantly reinvent yourself.

You Should Be : A Newspaper editor, Magazine Editor

You Shouldn't Be : A Barber (Coz the whole town will look the same)



Sprint Racing : Its racing from Point A to Point B. No repeating.

You are : Bindass and Happy Go Lucky. You live life as it comes and don't care much about the future. You love to work out your way rather than trade on experience.

You Should Be : Fighter Pilot, Teacher

You Shouldn't Be : A Speech Writer for some old Politician



Drag Racing : Its racing in a straight line where more emphasis is placed on shifting gears rather than on changing directions.

You are : Frank, Straightforward, Intense, Focused. You can see the goal that you have aimed for and you will do anything to achieve. You maybe cunning and block others lane path

You Should Be : Derby Jockey, Sprint Racer, Athlete.

You Shouldn't be : Politician (You gotta keep an eye on everyone), Goalkeeper, Strategist



Drift Racing : This is nothing but showing off your skills by drifting the car on a closed circuit track. The sharper you drift, the more points you get.

You are : Attention Grabber. You like to be the center of attraction. You like to hog the limelight constantly. You usually undergo Tummy Tucks, nose jobs, face lifts etc to keep up your face value. You are too conscious

You Should Be : Film Star, TV Star

You Shouldn't Be : Anybody's Assistant (In case you steal the attention), Accountant (Coz in Accounts they look for a different figure)



Lap Knockout : This is same like Circuit Race, But at the end of each lap, the last car is eliminated. Race continues till only one driver remains.

You are : Gruesome, Ruthless, Cunning. You only have victory in your sight and you'll do anything to get it. You don't care about eliminating  others from the rat race. You use and throw.

You Should be : A Politician, Assassin, Secret Agent

You Shouldn't be : A Public Servant, Doctor



Free Run :  This is basically a cruise around the town. There are no objectives, no targets, no timers. You just have to go around the place and roam around

You are : 1. A Loser. You don't like challenges. You fear to face life and its difficulties. You would rather live in the cheat coded world. 2. Or maybe you have too much money that you can't finish spending alone.


You should be : Dead in the first case or my best friend in the second case.


You Shouldn't be : Who Cares! Come on..... Lets find a way to spend that Cash!


14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey gamer! That was too good!!
The analysis you did is praise worthy!!
:~)
I am not a gamer but the pschyology analysis part is so very intriuging!

Karthik said...

Damn, man! This is splendid! Very innovative.
You know, it confused me a bit, because I couldn't analyze myself properly as I've played and finished all those types of racing in NFS Underground. Each one was a challenge. :D
NFS Carbon, NFS Underground, NFS Black Edition, and now I'm onto NFS Pro Street. Can't get enough of these NFSs, can we? :-) They just get better and better, and we continue to get addicted.
Great post, man. Loved it. And I think you are right in some way. The personality test I mean. Only it doesn't apply to NFS fanatics like me (and maybe you too) as I prefer all types. :P

Saurabh Panshikar said...

@Yemiledu

Thank You... I felt it while writing that non-gamers will not be too interested in the post but the psycho stuff makes up for it i guess! lol

@Karthik
Thanks a lot man for your enthu comment... Frankly this is only what struck my mind. Even I love all the types of the game, so you can't judge people by their choices! But it felt like so much fun writing about this that I couldn't stop myself!
Move over Pro Street, you HAVE to play the latest... NFS SHIFT. It is the bestest part of the franchise. Unfortunately my old skool computer doesn't allow me anything above MOST WANTED :-(

And I'm glad that you loved the post. Very Very Glad!

Anonymous said...

not a gamer..yet I found your post very interesting!

Sorcerer said...

Man!! This was sooo awesome...
WOW!!!!

Hahahaha..dude..lemme tell ya..this is quiet unique and one of a kind..

A.W.E.S.O.M.E and O.R.I.G.I.N.A.L

Reader said...

Hey Saurabh, I found this blog entry very interesting, I could relate myself to it even though I stopped playing v-games longggg time back....Truly a great Blog...keep it up and yeah...SMILE! =)

..::Shnaz::..

Crazy Blogger said...

not into gaming shaming but I want to be editor so should I play that circuit racing???

Saurabh Panshikar said...

I wish playing games could make you an editor!

Well you could be a Gaming Magazine editor for sure!

санжог said...

HA HA HA, I prefer RX7 for racing.

Nice bro, I like sprint and drag both.

Means that I like to sit under a lamp with lemon (lime light) and Man If they give me a job to write a politician's speech. I'd make sure people wud kill him before he finishes the first sentence.

Insightful

Saurabh Panshikar said...

@санжог
The RX-7 gets unlocked later... When kids, we always talk about Ferrari's and BMWs as dreams cars... But the game is owned when we have a Mazda!
Underrated?

Rocksa said...

Hey Saurabh!

Nice analogy! I like the way you've drawn up the similarities :) I don't fit in any of the categories though...Nevertheless, the psychology thingy was a good read! Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Sayan said...

hey sourabh, i have been playing NFS for years.. never did Analise this way...

i must say u have tremendous analytical skill.

gr8 job.. keep up the good work.
:)

Anonymous said...

Locate First Cash Advance in Ypsilanti Michigan 48198 - 734-485-6220. If you also want some money for your urgent needs cash advance loans can help.

Related Posts with Thumbnails